Click on each stage of the drawing to discover 5 basic steps when giving positive feedback (Poertner, Miller 1997).
1. Describe the behavior or performance you want to reinforce.
2. Explain the positive impact that act has had on the team or the organisation, so that the person can see the value of his or her contribution and create extra incentive to repeat and develop that act.
3. Help your feedback recipient take credit for his or her success.
4. Explore the possibilities of added value in case such behaviour continues.
5. Thank your feedback recipient for his/her contribution toward meeting individual, group or organizational goals and encourage similar actions in the future.